• BENILDE-ST. MARGARET’S 4, DULUTH MARSHALL 3 (OT): Evan Fleming scored 33 seconds into overtime Saturday to lift the Red Knights, ranked No. 9 in Class 2A, over the Hilltoppers, ranked No. 6 in 1A. The teams combined for three goals in the final two minutes of regulation. A shorthanded goal by the Red Knights’ Spencer Naas with 1 minute, 17 seconds remaining tied the score 2-2. Jack Dodd answered with a power-play goal nine seconds later to put Marshall back on top, but Naas scored with nine seconds remaining in regulation to force OT.
• DULUTH EAST 3, ANDOVER 1: Phillip Beaulieu scored twice in a 14-second span in the second period to spark the Greyhounds, ranked No. 8 in Class 2A, past Andover. Beaulieu added an assist on a power-play goal by Nick Altmann.
• FOREST LAKE 7, CLOQUET-ESKO-CARLTON 3: The Lumberjacks scored the first three goals of the game in the second period before the Rangers responded with seven in a row, including five in the third period. Ryan Herbert scored two goals and Alex Egle assisted on three for the Rangers.
• NORTH BRANCH 5, MOOSE LAKE-WILLOW RIVER 4 (OT): Joey Courtright’s second goal of the game, at 6:55 of overtime, lifted the Vikings. Brandon Timm also scored twice for North Branch, including a tying goal with 28 seconds left in regulation after North Branch had trailed 4-2 midway through the third period.
• ST. THOMAS ACADEMY 6, TARTAN 2: Alex Broetzman had two goals and an assist and Tom Novak had a goal and two assists to lead the Cadets, ranked No. 6 in Class 2A, past the Titans. The Cadets outshot the Titans 52-24.
• WAYZATA 4, MAPLE GROVE 3 (OT): Chad Olson scored 13 seconds into overtime to complete the comeback for the Trojans, ranked No. 7 in Class 2A. Wayzata, which trailed 3-1 after two periods, forced overtime on Jack Sorensen’s goal with 1:41 remaining in the third period.
Tag(s): Hub Exclusives