• WAYZATA 2, EDINA 1: For the third time this season, Wayzata was one goal better than its Lake counterpart on Saturday afternoon in Plymouth. An unassisted goal by DJ Jones in the second period and a power-play goal by Marc Richards in the third was enough for the Trojans, ranked No. 7 in Class 2A. The No. 8-ranked Hornets avoided a shutout with Michael Sit’s power-play goal at 10:06 of the third period. Wayzata defeated Edina by scores of 2-1 and 5-4 earlier this season.
• APPLE VALLEY 3, EAGAN 3 (OT): Michael Zajac’s two goals in the first period helped push the Wildcats to an early 3-0 lead in the South Suburban matchup. A.J. Michaelson answered for the Eagles with two goals in the second period, while teammate Vince Pedrie’s unassisted goal with 4:53 remaining in the third period completed the comeback and salvaged a tie for Apple Valley.
• BLAINE 3, DULUTH EAST 2: Jesse Norling scored with 1 minute, 44 seconds remaining, giving the Bengals a nonconference victory over the Class 2A, No. 6 Greyhounds. Teammate Michael Brodzinski’s power-play goal in the second period tied it at two. Norling also scored Blaine’s first goal.
• BURNSVILLE 3, PRIOR LAKE 2 (OT): Cory Chapman scored 43 seconds into overtime, lifting the Blaze over the Lakers in the South Suburban.
• STILLWATER 4, WHITE BEAR LAKE 3: An unassisted goal by Stillwater junior defenseman Cody Corbett with 1:34 remaining lifted the Ponies past the Bears in the Suburban East.
• EDEN PRAIRIE 6, BUFFALO 0: Senior center Kyle Rau scored four goals as the Eagles shut out Buffalo in nonconference play. Andrew Knudsen and David Rath each assisted on three Rau goals.
Tag(s): Around the State Independents Lake Eden Prairie Mississippi 8 Buffalo Northwest Suburban Blaine Suburban East Stillwater White Bear Lake Duluth East South Suburban Apple Valley Burnsville Eagan Prior Lake Edina Wayzata