• EDEN PRAIRIE 4, WAYZATA 3: Eden Prairie senior forward Kyle Rau is heating up as the postseason draws nearer. Rau scored three goals and assisted on the fourth, following a four-goal performance last Saturday against Buffalo. Wayzata, ranked No. 4 in Class 2A, closed a 4-1 deficit midway through the second period with a Michael Lee goal at the 12:04 mark of the second period and a goal by Mario Lucia in the third.
• EDINA 4, MINNETONKA 2: The Class 2A No. 7 Hornets earned a confidence-boosting road win over No. 5 Minnetonka. After exchanging goals in the first and second periods, Edina’s Steven Fogarty scored 33 seconds into the third period and added another goal with 34 seconds remaining. Junior forward Erik Baskin scored both goals for the Skippers.
• HILL-MURRAY 6, SOUTH ST. PAUL 2: The top-ranked team in Class 2A outshot the Packers 52-12. Sophomore forward Luke Voltin paced the Pioneers with two goals.
• RED WING 4, CHANHASSEN 3 (OT): Sophomore forward Alex Rezansoff secured the Missota conference road victory for the Wingers with his overtime goal. The Storm forced overtime on a Tyler Efnor third-period power-play goal.
• CENTENNIAL 1, ANDOVER 0 (OT): The Cougars fired 46 shots at Andover goalie Nate Strong during 56 minutes of action until Strong let a puck pass him. Senior forward Trey Hughes finally broke the scoreless streak at the 5:09 mark of overtime. Centennial only attempted 10 shots, all in regulation.
• APPLE VALLEY 7, BLOOMINGTON KENNEDY 1: The Eagles cruised to the South Suburban win behind a pair of first period goals by senior forward Kris Goodman and a second period straight hatrick by fellow senior Michael Berens.
• CRETIN-DERHAM HALL 4, WHITE BEAR LAKE 4 (OT): In a back-and-forth Suburban East contest, the Raiders pulled ahead with 2 minutes, 10 seconds remaining in the third period on a powerplay goal by junior Rob Donovan. But the Bears battled back, tying the game with 16 seconds remaining on a Mac Jansen goal. The Raiders outshot White Bear Lake 6-5 in a scoreless overtime period.
• TOTINO-GRACE 6, TARTAN 0: The Eagles, ranked No 4 in Class 1A, took an early 4-0 lead after the first period behind a pair of goals by junior forward Andrew McDonald.
Tag(s): Around the State Classic Suburban Hill-Murray South St. Paul Tartan Lake Eden Prairie Missota Red Wing North Suburban Totino-Grace Northwest Suburban Andover Centennial Suburban East Cretin-Derham Hall White Bear Lake South Suburban Apple Valley Bloomington Kennedy Edina Minnetonka Wayzata Chanhassen