VICTORIA, Minn. -- Cade Gleekel racked up six assists and No. 1 Benilde-St. Margaret's reached the 20-win plateau with a 10-1 victory at Chanhassen.
• Cade Gleekel picked up a career-best six assists. The six assists give him a career-high 34 for the season along with a career-best 54 points. The six-assist performance was the most by a Red Knights since Christian Horn recorded seven in a 15-2 win over Holy Angels, Dec. 13, 2011.
• Gleekel has scored a point in all 20 games in which he has played this season and has four or more points in four of his last six games and 10 points in his last two games.
• Dan Myhra collected his first varsity goal when scored on the power play in the third period. It was also his first point of the season.
• Nick Austin's three-goal performance was the first hat trick by a BSM defenseman since Jake Horton scored three times in an 11-0 win at Irondale, Jan. 18, 2011. His 10 goals this season are the most by a Red Knight defenseman since Horton scored 14 in 2011-12.
• Austin has also reached the 20-assist mark on the season. The last BSM defenseman to do so was his brother, Johnny (14), in 2012-13.
• With 19 wins on the season, Ryan Bischel leads the state and is also second on BSM's list for single-season victories, two shy of Jake Schuman's school record of 21 set in 2000-01 while leading BSM to the 2001 Class A state title. He also ranks fifth in career wins at BSM with 29.
• BSM scored a season-high four power-play goals. The last time the Red Knights scored four power-play goals in a game was in a 6-2 win at Stillwater, Feb. 16, 2013.
• Five of BSM's 10 goals came from its defensemen, with Austin scoring three and Connor Mayer and Jerry Calengor scoring one each.
• BSM's 21-game unbeaten streak is ia school record and the 20 wins marks the ninth time in school history the Red Knights have reached that plateau.
BSM is back in action, Thursday, when they play Chaska in a Metro West Conference game. Opening faceoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. at the Chaska Community Center.
Dan Myhra scored his first career goal.
Nick Austin notched his first career hat trick.
Jacob Holmers' scored two goals to give him five in his last two outings.
Tag(s): Benilde-St. Margaret's