Conference: Tri Metro
Schools in Cooperative: St. Paul Arlington, St. Paul Central, St. Paul Como Park
Combined Enrollment: 3,459
Colors: Black, Gold
Assistant Coaches: Jon Engeswick, Steve McCormack
Home Ice: State Fairgrounds Coliseum, St. Paul
2009-10 Record: 11-15-1
• BENILDE-ST. MARGARET’S 4, ST. CLOUD TECH 1: The Red Knights used two goals in the first 1 minute, 27 seconds of the third period to break a 1-1 tie en route to victory over the Tigers. Grant Besse and Jake O’Borsky scored 67 seconds apart in the third period, giving Benilde-St. Margaret’s the lead for good. Dan Labosky’s goal with 31 seconds remaining in the first period opened the scoring for the Red Knights. He added an empty-net goal with 47 seconds to play.
• WAYZATA 6, CENTENNIAL 1: Kenzie Vold and Mario Lucia each scored two goals in the Trojans’ victory over the Cougars. Wayzata took a 3-0 lead in the opening seven minutes behind Vold’s two goals and a goal by Tony Cameranesi, who also had two assists.
• NORTH METRO 3, ST. PAUL COMO PARK 1: Cougars senior netminder Chris Zeller was stellar between the pipes, but North Metro prevailed behind sophomore Chris Madsen’s one goal and one assist. Zeller turned aside 50 shots in the loss
• NORTH ST. PAUL 7, HOPKINS 5: George Splichal had two of the Polars’ three power-play goals as the Polars held on to beat the Royals. Michael Mazzitelli had a hat trick and one assist for Hopkins, which trailed 6-1 midway through the second period
• WHITE BEAR LAKE 2, HASTINGS 1: Junior Mitch Morrisette’s power-play goal with 2 minutes, 21 seconds left in the second period turned out to be the game winner as the Bears beat the Raiders.