||Extended Footer||Search Results||Team Finder|
• HILL-MURRAY 6, TARTAN 0: Ryan Black had two goals and an assist and Josh French had a goal and three assists to lead the Pioneers, ranked No. 3 in Class 2A. John Dugas had 25 saves for the Pioneers (7-1). The loss was the first of the season for Tartan (8-1).
• BLAINE 6, ARMSTRONG 1: Nic Simpson had a goal and two assists and Ian Scheid had three assists to lead the Bengals, ranked No. 5 in Class 2A, to the victory.
• EDEN PRAIRIE 4, ELK RIVER/ZIMMERMAN 2: Jack Keeley and Andrew Knudsen scored 80 seconds apart to stake the Eagles to a 2-0 lead in the first four minutes in their first-round victory over the Elks in the Edina Invitational. After the Elks, ranked No. 10 in 2A, pulled within 2-1 early in the second period on a goal by Chase Springman, a shorthanded goal by Harry Pajor restored the Eagles' two-goal lead. Springman scored in the first minute of the third period to pull the Elks within 3-2, but Steven Spinner's goal with 4:46 left made it 4-2.
• EDINA 6, GRAND RAPIDS 2: The Hornets, ranked No. 1 in Class 2A, opened a 4-0 lead in the first period en route to a victory in the other first-round game of the Edina Invitational. Connor Hurley had two goals and an assist and Tyler Nanne a goal and an assist for the Hornets.
• HUTCHINSON 5, WACONIA 0: Kellyn Buss made 30 saves to help the Tigers earn the shutout victory despite being outshot 30-15. Hutchinson scored four goalsin the second period.
• DELANO/ROCKFORD 6, ST. MICHAEL-ALBERTVILLE 2: Adam McLain had three goals and an assist to pace Delano/Rockford.
• NOTE: Holy Family sophomore forward Shane Gersich has committed to North Dakota. Gersich, a nephew of the Broten brothers from Roseau who played for the Gophers, had 30 goals and 60 points last season as a ninth-grader.