• APPLE VALLEY 6, DULUTH EAST 3: Good luck figuring out who the best team is in the state. The Eagles, who lost three of their previous four games, beat the Class 2A, No. 3 Greyhounds in a nonconference matchup Tuesday night in Apple Valley. Duluth East was coming off a 4-3 overtime victory over top-ranked Eden Prairie three days earlier. Junior forward AJ Michaelson set up Apple Valley’s first three goals, and put the game away with an empty-net goal. The Eagles opened up a 4-0 lead before Duluth East scored three third-period goals. Conner Valesano scored twice for the Greyhounds.
• CHANHASSEN 3, FARMINGTON 2: Jack Spillers scored with 3 minutes, 59 seconds left, capping the Storm rally against the Tigers in the Missota. Teammate Jackson Spingler scored three minutes earlier, tying it at two.
• MAHTOMEDI 2, RED WING 1: Matt Bonine scored with 11 seconds remaining, lifting the Zephyrs over the Wingers in nonconference play. Teammate Conner Mars scored a power-play goal late in the second period, tying it 1-1. Mahtomedi outshot Red Wing 34-10.
• MOUND-WESTONKA 3, HUTCHINSON 2: Kirby Horgan scored midway through the third period, breaking a tie and giving the White Hawks a victory over the Tigers in the Wright County. Horgan assisted on Mound-Westonka’s first two goals, both scored by Jack Brady. Luke Carlson scored for Hutchinson with 7 seconds left in the second period, tying it at two.
• PRIOR LAKE 3, SOUTH ST. PAUL 2 (OT): Matt Crist scored at the 4:08 mark of overtime, giving the Lakers a nonconference win over the Class 1A, No. 7 Packers. Prior Lake goalie Kyle Miller made 29 saves.
Tag(s): Home South St. Paul Duluth East Classic Suburban Independents Classic Suburban Mahtomedi South St. Paul Missota Farmington Red Wing Wright County Mound Westonka South Suburban Apple Valley Prior Lake Chanhassen Hutchinson