• NORTHFIELD 5, FARMINGTON 4 (OT): Northfield’s Andrew Scofield came up big in crucial moments for the Raiders. The sophomore forward sent the game to overtime with 36 seconds remaining in regulation with his second goal of the night, and then completed the comeback and hat-trick at the 3:00 mark in overtime. Senior forward Michael Vogel assisted on both goals.
• ST. THOMAS ACADEMY 10, HENRY SIBLEY 1: The Cadets, ranked No. 1 in Class A, rolled in the Classic Suburban behind a pair of hat-trick performances by Eric Schurhamer and Matt Kroska.
• MAPLE GROVE 2, CHAMPLIN PARK 1: Maple Grove, ranked No. 5 in Class 2A, broke a 1-1 tie with 1:27 remaining on a goal by Spencer Bell. The Crimson fell behind 1-0 early in the first period, but tied the game late in the second period on a powerplay goal by Tony Paulson.
• SIMLEY 3, MINNEHAHA ACADEMY 2 (OT): Kyle Thomas’ second goal of the night, with just 43 seconds remaining in overtime, lifted the Spartans past Minnehaha Academy. Michael Fabie forced overtime for the Redhawks with his unassisted goal at the 14:26 mark of the third period.
• BURNSVILLE 5, BLOOMINGTON JEFFERSON 3: The Blaze tallied three third-period goals in turning back the Jaguars in the South Suburban. Aaron Dupre led Burnsville, ranked No. 9 in Class 2A, with a pair of goals.
• WAYZATA 7, HOPKINS 2: Six different Trojans scored goals, led by Marc Richards with two goals and one assist. Tony Cameranesi assisted on three goals and scored one for Wayzata, ranked No. 7 in Class 2A.
Tag(s): Around the State Classic Suburban Henry Sibley Simley St. Thomas Academy Lake Missota Farmington Northfield Northwest Suburban Champlin Park Maple Grove Tri-Metro Minnehaha Academy South Suburban Bloomington Jefferson Burnsville Hopkins Wayzata